Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Review
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a fun and cute race game with your beloved characters. Play as one of the 42 characters available since the beginning, and see if you can win your friends and family in this colorful racing world wireless or online.
You can download Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch.
The game is better suited for children's eyes. The brightness of it can get too overwhelming, and you'll get tired of it eventually. It looks cute in the beginning and in general though. The animation here and special effects aren't too annoying too.
You've probably guessed that it's a racing game and you don't need this Mario Kart 8 Deluxe review to tell you that. You do what you usually do in this type of games, choose a driver and a ride and just do this. The difference is, first of all, that you play with the characters from Mario games. Second of all, you have to choose a glider as well. The problem with Mario Kart games is that every vehicle’s characteristics are pretty close to any other one, so there’s actually no point in consciously choosing a ride. And in this Delux version, there’s not a lot of new tracks added, mostly revamped old ones form Wii U version.
There are a lot of additional possibilities to the game, it’s not just racing. You have to catch and use different objects on your way. They can either use them to defend yourself or to attack, it adds extra dimension and challenge to the game. There are also extra tasks that you can do in different modes like collecting coins or winning a tournament. We advise you to play on one Nintendo Switch with two people max because when four people are playing the picture gets too small.
Some people might say that the controls for driving might get too sensitive and lead you off the track and lose eventually. Especially now with auto acceleration added by default. Ugh, who likes when that happens? And when it's not your fault! So be careful on the turns and choose a good ride (there's the best one, but we won't tell you which one).
Replay Value: 5
How can you not get back to playing this game? It’s easy to play, it’s funny and light, perfect game to relax and to relieve the stress. Also, it has a lot of game modes (e.g., Battle, racing for coins, police chase and timed) to your liking. It also has a local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players with 48 tracks available.
The Bottom Line
If you like races and cuteness, you should for sure download Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It's not only cute, but it's a pretty challenging game where you have to try and win because it won't be easy. Be careful not to hit and smash your controller – things might and WILL get intense. You can compete and play with your friends, or with online players.
- Graphics 4
- Gameplay 5
- Controls 4
- Replay Value 5
Nice and comfy driving controls;
Colorful and cute graphics and animation.
Too fast acceleration;
Some vehicles move faster just by default and have more chances to win.
- One of the most trending games right now!
- Everyone enjoy playing this game
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe FAQ
- Which platforms can you download Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to?It is an improved version of the eighth part of the franchise explicitly released for the Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately, you won't be able to install it on other platforms.
- Where can I get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for PC?There is no such version as it is an exclusive game developed for Nintendo devices.
- How many Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tracks are there?There are a total of 48 themed tracks here. They run across a variety of locations, including those inspired by other games.
- How much free space do I need to install Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?The game file size is 6.9 GB.
- Is it possible to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe offline?Yes, you can use the local multiplayer mode, which does not require an internet connection.
- Which Mario Kart 8 Deluxe characters are the best?Since it is a racing game, the best characters are the fastest. These are Wario, Donkey Kong, Dry Bowser, Waluigi, Morton, and Roy.
- What's the best Mario Kart 8 Deluxe combination?Experienced gamers recommend picking any glider as it doesn't matter, slick tires, a Blue Falcon, Streetle, or Pipeframe kart, and choose a "Heavy" character like Wario, Bowser/Dry Bowser, or Morton.
- How many Mario Kart 8 Deluxe cups can you partake in?There are 12 cups in total in the game, each of which consists of four tracks.
- When was the latest Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update?The updated 1.7.2 version was released at the end of May 2021. It concerned only a few bug fixes and did not make significant changes to the gameplay.
- How is this edition different from the original?The Battle Mode has been added to the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game, and some previously downloadable characters, levels, and engine classes have become available. In addition, the characteristics of some items and characters have changed significantly.