Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawler game set in Minecraft’s blocky reality. You get to explore vaults and caves, fight mobs and finally defeat the no-good Arch-Illager. Download Minecraft Dungeons and return the Orb of Power to its legitimate place of containment!
Minecraft Dungeons full game retains the classic low-fi visuals of Minecraft. But its numerous pixels definitely got upscale.
Low-res surroundings and mesmerizing animations come hand in hand here. And while you break another lowlife skeleton into pixels, your attacks — both standard and magical — produce picturesque effects.
The world in Minecraft Dungeons gameplay is also state of the art. Melancholic autumn sunsets, sudden lightning, lively torch flames, randomly roaming piglets and roosters in the village — they make your dungeon quest feel alive.
The plot revolves around the Orb of Power. Arch-Illager — the game’s #1 magic terrorist — stole it to abuse the mythical powers that come with it. Your goal is to defeat him and confiscate the omnipotent toy.
Easier said than done! Arch-Illager sends a horde of his minions to stop you: CQC-trained skeletons, Alzheimer-stricken necromancers, armored zombies, hulking golems, and so on.
As you reap their lives, you harvest XP points. Leveling up doesn’t grant you new abilities instantly though. Instead, you have complete freedom over which part of your outfit/weaponry to augment. For instance, you can enhance your bow with flying daggers.
Apart from enemies, there will be treasure chests, gems and maps that reveal hidden levels. At your home base, you can visit the Blacksmith or the Travelling Merchant. They will gladly boost your arsenal in exchange for some loot. And you’ll visit them often: crafting is a no-no in MD.
Frankly, Minecraft Dungeons PC, Switch or console versions are simple and intuitive. For instance, if you want to pick up an item like Frost Scythe, press A on PS4. If you want to attack on PC, click LMB. Or if you want to refer to the minimap on Switch, D-pad Down will unfold it. The game is also available on Xbox and Xbox 360, but no mac version currently.
If you enjoy RPGs mixed with magic adventures, dungeons, and Minecraft’s canon aesthetics — download Minecraft Dungeons!
Replay Value 5-/5
With all honesty, the game is captivating. Whenever you replay it, the AI slightly rearranges things — like putting the hidden loot somewhere else — so you’ll never have to deal with predictability. Plus, you always can max out the difficulty levels and start the campaign anew.
Mind that some sites offer Minecraft Dungeons closed beta free download, but there is no official free version. You can see the price on official Minecraft website.
The Bottom Line
Minecraft Dungeons apk is an excellent game for fans of Minecraft and dungeon-related adventures. There’s no crafting, original music theme, or mining rubies and copper. But if you’re into fun action with necromancy and carnivorous spiders — our Minecraft Dungeons review recommends it.
- Graphics 4
- Gameplay 4.5
- Controls 4.5
- Replay Value 5
Original low-res aesthetics;
Well-designed in-game world;
No Minecraft Dungeons Android and iOS versions;
Minecraft Dungeons FAQ
- What platforms are available for Minecraft Dungeons download?You can install the game on PC (Windows), Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.
- How can I get Minecraft Dungeons on Android?There is currently no mobile version of this game. However, you can play it on your smartphone using the cloud-based Xbox Game Pass app.
- What are the Minecraft Dungeons system requirements for PC?You should have Windows 7+, Intel Pentium Dual-core 2.4GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, DirectX 9.0, NVIDIA GTX 470 or AMD 6870 HD graphics card, and 8GB of free disk space.
- Can you play Minecraft Dungeons for free?No, the game, like all DLCs and various editions, is completely paid.
- What are the most popular Minecraft Dungeons items?According to recent statistics provided by the developers, the most equipped items turned out to be Double Ax, Rapid Crossbow, Mystery Armor, and Death Cap Mushroom.
- Where can you get the Minecraft Dungeons DLC?On the developer's official website, you can find all versions of the game, as well as numerous add-ons. There are a total of six themed DLCs.
- Can I play Minecraft Dungeons offline?Yes, the game has both a cooperative mode for which an internet connection is required and an offline one, which you can go through alone.
- Who's the Minecraft Dungeons final boss?His name is Arch-Illager. The battle with him awaits you at the end of the Obsidian Pinnacle level, although before that, you have to encounter him and his army several times.
- How to get all the Minecraft Dungeons gear?Rewards that drop from mobs and the contents of chests are randomly generated. So, to collect all possible loot, go through each level several times and fight more powerful enemies.
- Is it as difficult as other dungeon games?No, everything is much simpler here. The Minecraft Dungeons game is reminiscent of numerous brawlers, where crowds of mobs attack you, but it's much easier to master.